Monday, January 23, 2012

Hungry in CT

Remember when you were a kid, hungry and looking for some food in the house? You looked in the refrigerator...you looked in the pantry...and then as a last-ditch effort, you checked the freezer, only to find yourself yelling, "Mom! There's nothing to eat in this house!" Well, maybe that was just me in my house, but somehow I doubt it. And chances are, food could be found in all of those places. Knowing what to do with it, though??

As an adult, I love that I have total control over what I eat. This means I can nourish my body with everything it needs, while eating food that tastes really good! One part of doing this successfully, is to have a properly stocked pantry and to know how to use it. For me today, that meant having a tasty and nutritious breakfast after I was just out of town, my car is at the body shop, and I haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks! I made a delicious oatmeal with dried fruit, cinnamon and honey from my pantry, and later, I have all of the ingredients to make a great dinner too.

Need some assistance with this? Contact me for information on healthy eating, pantry makeovers and cooking instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment